Tuesday 14 October 2008

Someone You Can Trust

Your world is covered in shit and dirt,
There is an omnipresent hate,
Your world is consumed by dealers and bums,
It is almost your undoubted fate.
And when I look into your eyes,
They plead for so much more,
And yet all your world can offer you,
Is to become a pimp or whore.
I look at you, you smile back,
And though no words pass between us,
You know that all I want to be,
Is someone you can trust.
I can’t help seeing your beautiful face,
Surrounded by burning flames,
Or being beaten, abused, and raped,
Until you’ll never be the same.
I just can’t let you die in this world,
And become another victim to,
A place where you never had a fighting chance,
I can’t, won’t do that to you.

God please give the strength and power,
To help me reach my goal,
Of one day through Your mighty love,
Save this young child’s soul.

No comments: