Tuesday 14 October 2008

Fitting In

Dammit why?
Why can man not live without,
The acceptance of others
Their love, understanding, acceptance?
Why can I not live one day
Without the determination to forever strive
For the acceptance of my friends, peers, strangers?
I see only with envy the luck of my friends,
Why when one is content must the other suffer?
Can we not live a day without hate, envy, greed?
When one is high; the other is searching, falling, questioning
I hate to be the Faller, but never stand on the soaring
Rejection, as harsh as it is, seems the only way of life
I fight each day for a goal that is useless, pointless, short,
But my mind is only capable of thinking these things
My heart prays for me to be respected, not envied,
Looked up to, not frowned upon.
We decide whether we’re willing to fight
And yet it seems involuntary.
Unwilling, I enter each day as another battle, challenge, fight,
Naked against voices that tell me so
Yet I hand them my clothes
Is it worth it?
…?
No, but I know the truth

No comments: