Tuesday 14 October 2008

A Light in the Doorway

I’m lying in my bed
About to lose the fight
Of maintaining consciousness
But then, I see the light
It’s creeping from my doorway
Its beam right in my eye
I’m too lazy to get up
So I just lay there and sigh
Finally I gather my strength
And chuck my bedside toy
But the door just refuses it
Like a stubborn little boy
I angrily throw my shirt
Which was naively lying near
But again the door rejects it
The light becomes a sneer
I am thrown into a rampage
Hurling items with all my might
Grabbing anything within my reach
To destroy that cocky light
Exhaust settles over me
I begin to settle down
As my mind returns again
I begin to look around
I lay huddled all alone
Just lying on the floor
And all my junk is piled up
Against that stubborn door
Outwitted, I surrender
And with a giant groan
I stand to snub that stupid light
And the door shuts on its own
With a scream I open up
And slam that haughty door
Satisfied, I retire
And fall asleep upon the floor.

No comments: