Friday 30 March 2012

Ólafur Arnalds

So I know I said that I would be doing my last post from 5 Days today, BUUUT unfortunately I'm still waiting on the legal rights from Ólafur Arnalds; I'm going to give him one or two more days. Why Ólafur Arnalds you ask? Well, I'm just going to go ahead and leave your curiousity peaked.
In the meantime, I'm going to shamelessly promote Ólafur in the hopes that by some freak chance he sees this and decides to give me the license. That, and he's one of my favourite artists, so I don't even have to lie. I heard that Sigur Ros, Ólafur Arnalds (who is also Icelandic), and Damien Rice all performed in an outdoor festival in Iceland once. It's probably for the best that I only heard about this after the fact because I'm fairly sure my heart would not have been able to handle it. So you should just go ahead and have yourself a listen.

This is the song that I have woken up to every morning for almost a year now:


And this is the song that, if and when I ever choreograph a dance, it will probably be to this:


Also, the guy's only 25, and these songs both came out a few years ago. AND he composed, performed, and produced them. Frick.

Anyway, I'm going to cross my fingers and keep checking my email every couple of hours.

No comments: