Monday 17 March 2008

Teach Me Your Ways, Oh Lord

Lord, please do not take away the faults of my body
But teach me to accept them.
Lord, please do not give me more possessions
But teach me to work with what you’ve given me.
Lord, please do not fix the challenges in my life
But teach me to grow from them.
Lord, please do not comfort me immediately
But teach me to come crawling to you.
Lord, please do not make me older
But teach me to use my age to your advantage.
Lord, please do not remove those who hurt me
But teach me to love them.
Lord, please do not take away my arrogance
But teach me to be humble because of it.
Lord, please do not give me serenity
But teach me to seek it through the noise.
Lord, please do not give me wisdom
But teach me to learn from my mistakes.
Lord, please do not make my life a permanent high
But teach me to persevere through the low.
Lord, these things I pray to you
From my very core
And when I start to ask for less
Lord, please give me more
Even when I am stubborn and stuck
Or complain that I am bored
Shake the dust off my idle hands
And teach me your ways, oh Lord!

No comments: