Monday 25 February 2008

Each Solemn Droplet

My eyes wander to the window
To the scenery screaming by
Depressingly distorted
By rain falling from the sky
With each solemn droplet
Comes a feeling of despair
A gloomy thought, depression
Almost more then I can bear
My heart is full of leadened rock
As visions of my family, friends
Pass through me; separation
I just want it all to end
As each solemn droplet
Shatters on the ground
So do my hopes, my passions
I do not make a sound
As I dwell on my solitude
A figure catches my eye
A determined streak of feathers
A flash against the sky
Hovering outside my window
This figure pushes hard
Resisting, refusing
This sorrow from the stars
I can only stare intently
At it’s somewhat futile goal
It’s determination coming in
It’s strength touching my soul
As each solemn droplet
Is swept off of its wing
It falls into my open hand
Onto each tear I cling
My car keeps driving faster
The bird struggles to keep up
My heart is wrenching, tearing
Like an overflowing cup
My car is rocked into the air
And settles on the lawn
Followed by the truck I hit
The bird keeps flying on

No comments: