Wednesday 13 February 2008

A Creepy, Frustrating, Intoxicating, Honest, Suppressed Love Poem

In the spirit of Valentine's Day I have decided (against better judgement I might add) to post this poem. I wrote it about a year ago and it could quite possibly be the cheesiest poem I've ever written, but it was unavoidable. And for all of you who know me and are trying to guess who I was writing about: your wrong, so stop guessing.

I turned my head and out of the corner of my eye
I see a tiny shimmer of something passing by
To get a better glimpse I turn and look
Then there I see her; my shield is my book.
Her hair like a stream, flowing and glistening
She doesn’t notice me watching, doesn’t notice me listening
Her smile is astounding; each tooth in perfect place
There is no flaw or imperfection on her golden face.
I can’t help but smile because she is smiling too
Her diamond-like eyes see me and I don’t know what to do
So I flash her a smile; make a sly, witty joke
My heart is a sponge for her laughter, every note I soak.
I make random conversation while studying her face
Just seeing that smile makes my heart race

I know it sounds shallow, even creepy at times
But I really can’t help it; will you please be mine?

No comments: