Friday 14 December 2007

Home

Home is…
Home is…
Home is…
Where?
Home is your haven,
Home is where your heart is…
But what happens when your heart
Is torn up, packaged, and shipped to another home?
Home is where your house is…
Why are all the address lines blank?
Home is your castle…
Am I under attack?
Home is where your stuff is…
But my stuff has been suitcased,
So my heart’s boxed up again,
Ready to be shipped.
Maybe my home is between my houses…
In the middle of an intersection,
Where my heart is randomly scattered about,
Being driven over time after time again,
Until it’s so shattered it’s
Unrecognizable, Unsavable, Unlovable,
Yes that must be it,
Because it’s certainly not in my house,
Lying next to my bed,
Ready to be tucked in for tomorrow,
Fortified by secure walls,
Ready for tomorrow.
Will I ever find Home again?
No, Home is gone.

No comments: