Wednesday 19 December 2007

Cope

Cope
I don’t wanna cope
I don’t want to keep on trying
Keeping the faith
And the Hope
Hope?
Where have you gone?
I can’t find my ground
I am shaken, unsettled,
I’m lost will I ever be found?
Should everyday be a battle,
To not step in front of that car?
To not take a couple more pills?
To not take one step too far?
God, yeah I need you
But my core is gone
Ripped up and shredded
Spread across the lawn
Open and ready
Ready to be judged
I can’t hide it
I can’t deny it
I don’t wanna accept it
But it’s shoved
Into my face everyday
It won’t let me escape
Please don’t let my future
Go spiraling down
Until all I become
Is someone else’s frown
God I need saving
Cause my body needs relief
And I need them all to see
That I’m struggling
I’m not the boy I used to be
But in my heart
I have the mind of a child
I’m lost, I’m lost, I’m lost
Can’t be found
Please care
Please repair
Please hold
Please mold
God I don’t wanna cope
I want you to make it all go away
But you won’t God
So just get me through the day
I pray
Just get me through the day.

No comments: