Sunday 25 August 2013

Simply Remain

I'm back!

Well, not really, but I have been working on a bunch of writing, so that's really awesome. And one of the reasons I've been writing is because one of my life list goals came true today.

When I first started writing spoken word poetry I dreamt of being able to write for church. Oftentimes I would convert the Sunday sermon into a spoken word poem just for my own sake, so that I could get more out of the message and remember it better. After getting the opportunity to share my 'Apologize' video at church I was stoked, but not quit sure where I was gonna go from there.

So you could imagine how giddy I was when the worship pastor at my church came up to me and asked if I would like to contribute to the creative aspects of some of the sermons. He gave me a couple verses and told me to run with it. So with nothing but a passage of Scripture to work with (Mark 8), I went home and wrote the following poem.

The first spoken word poem I ever recorded took 5 months and was a lot of me in my basement struggling to learn new programs and invent apparatuses to make filming myself easier. The second one I recorded (and have not released yet) took three months and the help of others. For this one we had ONE WEEK to pull it together, but thankfully I had people who knew a lot more of what they were doing helping me out. So, special thanks to Chris Milani and Mike Dosso there!

This poem is the start of a series of poems, so keep checking back here or subscribe to my channel on youtube if you want to see them.

Without further ado, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md1XcDmRT34.

No comments: