Tuesday 8 February 2011

Nothing Good Ever Happens After 2 AM

Wrong!

Awesome things totally happen after 2 AM.

Take last Thursday for example. On Facebook, I updated my status as:

"I'm going to start a new business in [my city]. We're going to sell plastic bags that you can hold over your head and then fly to wherever you need to go. It will be faster and more efficient than the current public transportation. 80 km/h wind, geesh!!"

Obviously, a joke.

So I carried on with my day and found myself wide awake at 2 o'clock in the morning. The sound of the wind wailing against my walls was enough to keep me awake so I checked the weather network to see what they winds were at. 90 km/h!! That's crazy business. So I did what any sleepless, 20-year-old guy would do and decided to go check it out.

Within 5 minutes of being outside I had been blown over twice. Awesome! There is a part on my street where a T-intersection meets an open field so the wind is extremely strong there. Wind + Ice = Potentially Really Good Times.

I ran and grabbed two plastic garbage bags, a camera, tape, and my headphones so that I could listen to the Inception soundtrack whilst performing my tomfoolery because, obviously, the Inception soundtrack makes everything more intense.

Two full hours later and this was the result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U-uUiT470I

I have the bruises to prove that awesome things totally happen after 2 AM.

3 comments:

kerry said...

That's quite funny. I hope your neighbours saw you :)

Unknown said...

i totally remember the house rattling winds of the bridge. i also remember doing what you did at inhuman hours. We used our jackets instead.

the plastic bag method looks highly effective. i recommend pitching it to the Dragons Den people.

mdwillems said...

I don't think they saw me. At least I hope they didn't because I was using their garbage can as a tripod.

Also, I LOVE Dragon's Den! Done and done.