Tuesday 8 January 2008

A Silent Snap

The silence is a roar
Rebounding inside my head
The pulse of my temples is
A chain gang against my brain
I can feel the rhythm
As much as I try to hide from it
……Drip
……Drop
……Drip
……Drop
The anticipation of the splash is more than the sound itself
It is pounding
Again…
Again…
Again…
My body is tingling but I can ignore it
I open my eyes but the light just scratches at my pupils
Its wicked claws scrape away my eyelids
I shut them quickly to escape the assault
But somehow the claws sneak in
I try to ignore to forget to hide
Curling smaller and smaller I focus on becoming invisible
Screw it I say as I snap on the light and
Force open my eyelids
The talons surge in
And they cry;
I don’t,
They do.
I,
I need to escape.
I,
I need to get away.
Why does my body torment me so?
Dreaming against the midnight clock
I cry out
Trusting deliverance will come; and it does
Again…
Again…
Again…
Please… stop.

No comments: